Total Pageviews

Monday, January 11, 2010

Big feet in a Big place

Psalms 31:7,8 says :I will rejoice and be glad in Your loving kindness, because You have seen my affliction; You have known the troubles of my soul.8)And You have not given me over into the hand of the enemy; You have set my feet in a large place.

I wear size 10 shoe, which is big for my height 5'7 1/2" (the 1/2 is very important to short people). You need to know that I am somewhat claustrophobic. My family and I went to Disneyland and rode Space Mountain. I had the family backpack and had to put it down at my feet in the little car that we rode in, macking my feet tight and wedged in. I felt like I could not breathe or move especially with the restraint safety bars pushed down on me. I became violently ill and prayed earnestly for the ride to be over...but it seemed that it took an eternity to come to the end of rollercoaster of hellish darkness.. you can not see the curves in the track or the drops or the climbs... I almost lost my lunch...I was pale white with shakey knees when I got off... my kids said "Let's ride it again...that was great!" I said I'll wait for you.

I think I could have handled it better if I had room to move my feet just a little. The Psalmist says of the Lord, You have set my feet in a large place...Many times on this ride we call LIFE, we are told "Sir, you will need to put your backpack down at your feet and wedge yourself into this tight, narrow, lung squeezing, barf producing, vertigo inducing, tiny compartment." Then life happens in the dark, curves, drops, climbs that we can not see coming, and that we can not brace ourselves for.

But the Lord reminds us that we have His word on the matter that He has and will continue to set our feet in a large, wide place.. It is a military term meaning rooom enough to maneuver a large army in with ease.... The Lord says I have set you in the place you are right now...It is not a narrow place, or tight...I place , I set your big feet in a bigger place than you can imagine...I give you choices, variety, provision, vision, direction, wisdom, opportunities, maneuverability...

Don't settle for anything else. You and I are not stuck or limited with no way of escape but we are set in a large place by a great God who loves us.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Dad this is a huge prophetic word! We needed to hear this right now. Thanks for being obedient to the Lord to share this with us!

You're pretty dang funny too :)